1. Solar photovoltaic systems have been around for a long time. Solar photovoltaic systems are a well-proven technology first invented in 1954 by scientists at Bell Labs. Today, solar panels are installed on over one million homes in the U.S. At EHS, our solar panels are manufactured right here in Jacksonville, Florida.
2. Solar panel systems are highly durable. Solar photovoltaic panels are made of tempered glass and can withstand hail, snow, rain, and high winds. They can even extend the life of your roof by protecting it from daily wear and tear.
3. Solar power systems can produce electricity for 25 or more years. When you purchase your system through Efficient Home Services, your solar panels are covered by a substantial 25-year warranty.
4. Solar power systems are practically maintenance-free. We specifically chose our solar panels because they are incredibly durable, and other than extreme circumstances, they really don’t need to be washed or cleaned.
5. Solar Power is a perfect fit for the “Sunbelt.” Most locations in the Sunbelt get enough sunlight to produce sufficient electricity from solar panels.
6. Solar energy systems are tied to the electric grid and do not require batteries to store power. When you install a solar energy system on your property with EHS, you remain connected to the electricity grid. When your system produces more electricity than you use, you receive credit for the electricity you send to the grid; if you need more electricity than your solar energy system is producing, you can draw it from the grid.
7. Solar power systems can eliminate most of your electricity bill. When you go solar with Efficient Home Services, we will design your system so that it is tailored to generate enough electricity to meet your needs. As long as you have enough roof space to install the right size solar panel system, the power that your panels will produce will effectively eliminate the entirety or majority of your electricity bill.
8. Solar photovoltaic panels can be installed on the roof of your home or even on the ground in some cases. Solar panels can be installed practically anywhere that receives direct sunshine for most of the day and is not shaded by trees or buildings. Panels that face south will produce the most electricity, but your panels can also face east or west.